Its Just A Simple Chalkboard !!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Last weeks blog was about getting ready for our big garage sale.  Today it is over!!!  Let me say it again...today it is over!!!  yeah!  It went really well. We sold most of it and what we didn't sell, someone came and took it away.  :)  I really do hate the process of getting ready for one of these sales.  Can you say "lots of work"?  We hired movers to bring things down from our third floor, otherwise it would definitely still be there.

I have to admit I enjoy the actual sale.  We had so many great people show up, lots of conversation,connected with a couple of long time ago classmates, and made a  couple of new could be friends.  In the end it was really a good sale, with lots of people and lots of sales.

Today it is back into the routine of everyday life.  Funny how fast things come and go, you find yourself right back where you were.  Joyce Meyers in one of her teachings says, that people are always thinking the grass is greener on the other side, always looking for something better, but that life is made up of 90% mundane everyday stuff.  We have our daily routines and yes they do get mundane at times, but we have so much to be thankful for in our every days.

  
I have a large chalkboard hanging in my kitchen, so that I can write scripture on it and read it when I pass by.  I had just changed the scripture last week to read...Isaiah 40:31  but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.  As the woman in charge of the movers came into my kitchen to go over the moving contract and have me sign the papers, she stood there staring at my chalkboard.  She looked at me and said in a very serious voice "I love what that says, can I take a picture of it with my phone so I won't forget that"?  Of course, I said.  I told her it is a bible verse.  She has not read the bible and didn't know.  As she helped with the move she kept talking to me about a lot of things, her life, job, kids, then she said..you are a really nice customer, I really like you, your fun to talk to.  I thought what a great opening and suggested that maybe we could do a bible study.  To my surprise she was saying she would like that.  She asked me what church I go to..and said she would like to come with us sometime.  I really love those divine appointments!!!

Who would have thought that the chalkboard in my kitchen would become the light in someones everyday life.  God is so good!!!

Psalm 33:4  For the word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does.

Have a wonderful week!

Linda   

3 comments:

Margo Dill June 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

I love the story you have told in your post here. I like It's Just a Simple Chalkboard, when it is obviously so much more. . . I wonder if you could work a theme/focus/slant into your blog with this "mundane" "everyday" approach. So often, we think things are no big deal. We do the some of the same thing every day. They may be mundane, but to someone else, it could be what they are searching for in their life--like the woman who was helping you move. OR you could even take a thing that is everyday to you and try to make it special. It's just a thought--you wouldn't have your whole post be about this every week--maybe a section of it or a post dedicated to this once a month. Think about the book SIMPLE ABUNDANCE and GRATITUDE JOURNALS--you would be doing something along these lines. :)

Marie June 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

Ditto Margo...and it is the Divine Appointments indeed Linda. Well said!

You have a ministry here Linda...and in this ministry I believe you will find more than enough "material" for your posts for this theme or any other you choose. I like the mundane/everyday turnaround into the gift or the "present." We can take so much for granted, stop saying thank you, and our lives become dull, unloved and humorless.

Changing the way we look at one thing a day not only changes us, it can give someone else permission to do the same, and the next thing you know a domino effect is taking place...your first step matters, to countless others you may never meet. Trust the process, expand the number per day, share more, and watch what happens. I suspect miracles!

Christy McKee June 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM  

Linda,

Sometimes when your life seems out of control, having a virtual place--like your blog-- to go to for a dose of normality could feel like the light at the end of the tunnel.

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP