The Girl Still Likes To Party!!

Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm sitting at my desk , thinking what topic do I write about today. I noticed the new little sheep toy I bought my greyhound yesterday.  Its on my desk because even though Lizzie Chanee' (standard poodle) got two new toys yesterday, she wants Care Bears. I know kids with fur!!!  I don't want Lizzy to think she can chew up Care Bears toy so I keep taking it away from her and giving her the two toys I got her. Strangely enough she loved the two toys until I handed the little sheep to Care Bear.


You gotta know that Lizzy Chanee' is what they call a party poodle. (She truly is a party waiting to happen.) She has the markings of a dalmation, black and white, some large dots and some small.  She is about 3 1/2 years old. She is just now starting to calm down a bit... out of her puppy stage. 

When we first bought her and brought her home I was hoping there was a receipt with her, I really didn't know if we had done the right thing. Adorable..check, Beautiful..check, Smart..check, out of control..very much.

We had her only a few hours when she found some kind of mushroom growing behind a tree in our yard, she ate it... because some are poisonous, I called the vet. He didn't think it was poisonous but to give her some peroxide to make her vomit. We did...She did.

A couple of weeks later I noticed her limping, although it did not slow her down. I took her to the vet, x-rays showed she had broken her little toe!!! Huh?  A few weeks later she had some blood dripping from her tail..to the vet..for some reason where they had bobbed her tail it opened up..surgery and stitches. They had to shave her tail for surgery and wrapped the whole stub of a tail with bright neon yellow bandages. WOW! weird looking. Since she didn't like that she continually ripped it off. The vet said it was necessary to keep it on there until it healed. Every time she would rip it off I would have to take her to the vet to have it rewrapped. One week I was there six times.

So you see life for me changed very quickly. To make matters worse my two greyhounds did not like her, she thought they should be playing 24/7. Can you say irritating?  I enrolled her in obedience school, she was growing and growing fast. Let me just say she would almost drag me when she was on her lead. She loves people, especially kids and anyone who talks to her.So everytime we would take her someplace,because she is like a kid magnet she was always in a state of party. She graduated from obedience school and does many tricks, but the girl still loves to party.

She is now 69lbs. and growing, lots of energy. I have come to love her more than I ever imagined I could. She makes me smile many times a day, she hugs, kisses, plays and snuggles. Care Bear now misses her when Lizzy is at the groomers. When I bring her home Care Bear can't wait to run and play with her. So all in all I thank the Lord all the time that He brought Lizzy Chanee' into my life.I'm sure He feels the same way about us when we are just "a party waiting to happen."

John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they know me.

Have a great week!!!

Linda

   

1 comments:

Margo Dill June 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

I love the way you tied up this story about your dogs into a little lesson for us, too! :) Nicely done. Love all the photos, and I have one of those "out of control" dogs, too. :) But you should see how gentle and loving he is with my daughter. I would have NEVER imagined it.

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP