I'm Walking In Sonshine !

Monday, January 16, 2012

 I am a sunshine person.  I even take sunshine breaks in the middle of the day.  I will find a warm sunny spot in my house, stand or sit with my head up towards the sun, eyes closed and soak in the rays.  I can instantly feel the warmth clinging to me, my energy level begins to rise, my attitude begins to change and I am ready to conquer those things I need to do.

I never gave it much thought about how the sunshine affected my mood, but I have become aware that many, if not most of us have some seasonal affective disorder. (SAD)  In the winter months we become less active and are drawn indoors because of the cold, making us more isolated.  When we feel isolated it helps to make us feel that we are left with little options.

This year because of the spring like weather, it has felt as if March is at our doorstep, which means spring is close behind. NOT!  This constant battle between warm and cold temperatures can be physically and mentally exhausting.  Not to mention the imagery of dead trees and little livelihood does not do much for pleasing the eyes.

In my kitchen I decided to hang a chalkboard....I took a nice size board, painted the board with chalkboard paint, put a beautiful frame around it (Looks Cool!) hung it where I would be sure to see what it says.  Right now it says "This is the day the Lord has made." In our everyday life it is easy to forget that the Lord has blessed us with another day, whether the sun is out or not.  Speaking for myself I can  have a mood change just looking at the 10 day weather forecast.  Why should it matter if its sunny or not?  The Lord has given us another day and that alone should make us smile.  :)

Psalm 118:24  This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.       



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP