A Change of Heart ?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


I have been around for awhile, I'm not new at this living life thing.  I sometimes think there is nothing that can surprise me, not that I'm as old as the hills for pete sakes, but the one thing that consistantly takes me off guard a bit, is how things in life never stay the same.  People, places, circumstances are continually changing.

The mention of the word change can send some into a state of panic, they just don't like change.  Others are always seeking out change, they are never content.  When I was younger I was the one seeking, I loved change, it meant excitement, new things ahead.  Now I am not fond of change although there are times I can do nothing about it, but go with the flow.

Some areas need change, whether we want to or not, in fact its the hardest area to change.  the heart doesn't change without a fight.  It self protects, doesn't like to be vulnerable and is easily hurt.

Physically and emotionally the heart is the most important organ in the body.  It's what keeps us alive physically, without it we would die,  emotionally it brings much happiness or hurt with such pain.

The spiritual side of the heart is of equal importance for without a drastic change of heart we die spiritually.  There are so many scriptures that speak of the heart, although they all draw to one conclusion, we must seek the Lord with all of our heart.  In Jeremiah 29:13  it's really clear.  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart".  In a nutshell, to find God we must seek Him with ALL of our heart, not a piece here and there or when its convenient but daily.  Spending time with Him, talking to Him, loving Him.  With Him there is nothing the heart can do but change.

1Samuel 16:7  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP