Calgon Take Me Away!

Monday, August 27, 2012


 Usually I write down my thoughts then go back and put them on the blog, but today I have decided to wing it.  Why today you ask? A couple of reasons 1. My house is surrounded by large machines that sound like a 747 is about to land in my backyard 2. I feel like a sandwich with all the plastic that is wrapped around my house. Not to mention that several times a day the doorbell will ring and off goes Pavlov's dogs (mine) and sometimes the cats too. My three story home is being painted, something I have been dreading for a long time. The painters started last week the tedious power washing and the scraping. Can you say nails on a chalkboard? 

   As I thought about a topic for this weeks blog, the first word that popped in my mind was patience or lack of. :)   And yesterdays teaching was on 1Corinthians 13:4-7 Ugh!  Why this week?  You know the one that's all about love being patient, kind...I probably should stop right there.  Do you know how hard it is to do those when all around you there are so many inconveniences. 

  Its then that the Lord reminds me that this is a blessing not an inconvenience. I have to stop and get my attitude adjusted as to what an inconvenience really is, such as no job, no food, bad health, no home. It has been hard to change my whole schedule to adjust to all that is going on around me, the noise ,the people, the mess, gates being left open so I have to watch the dogs every time they are out. The list goes on and on but there is no excuse not to show the love of the Lord. We never know how the Lord is going to use us and who He has brought into our path to change their life. 

 1Corinthians 13:1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I  am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

1Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

1Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. 

Its amazing how different circumstances and people seem when we try to view them through the eyes of the Lord.  We never know what kind of mess their lives are in and maybe just maybe the Lord is going to use my little mess of an inconvenience to show them who He is.

1Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Have a wonderful week!

Linda


1 comments:

Margo Dill August 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM  

I think it is really hard when you work from home and have to have repairs/painting, etc. But I think it's great how you are choosing to look at it in a positive way. And it will look so great when it's done! :)

Hang in there. (Isn't it great you can blog about something like this, though?)

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP