Sometimes We Just Don't Realize!

Monday, April 9, 2012

This morning in my Bible study time, the topic was "Holiness Means Purity."  Now if your like me I really didn't think that I had a problem in this area.  Don't get me wrong there are other places in my life I really need to work on, but this did not feel like one of those areas.

The verses this morning were from Ephesians 5:1-5.  By the way if you have never listened to James McDonald, go to his website: James McDonald Ministries, to his daily radio broadcast and study along with him.  He does a verse by verse study, a dynamic teacher.  Great way to start the day!

As the study moved through the verses it was becoming a little clearer that I too had some repenting to do.  In verse 4 it says that all our talk should be about thanksgiving.  There is nothing else worth while coming from our lips if its not thanksgiving.  Now that does not mean we don't have other stuff to say, but is our heart one of thanksgiving?  How often do we thank our God for the sun, the day, the flowers, the opportunities, our job (even if we don't like it.)

I can be so quick to speak those things that are irritating me, not to say that I don't thank the Lord several times a day, but where is my heart?

Verse 4 says there is to be no foolish talk, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.  For me I need to become more aware of what words are coming out of my mouth, are they with a pure heart, or are they said with a casual heart ? One that is not bad, but really not pleasing to God.

Ephesians 5: 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP