Stop Worrying! Who Do You Think You Are?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

As I ponder on what to write about this week, the obvious topic is the brand new year that is approaching very fast.  With that comes all the promises we make to ourselves and others. Do we even want to go there?  Let's not!!!  New Years can have a gamut of mixed emotions: sadness, happiness...regrets, anticipation...fresh start,year ending...a time of reflection, a sense of anxiety for what the new year might bring.

This all adds up to one thing...WORRY.  Does anyone else besides me have to deal with worry?  It is easy for me to pick worry up, carry it around, keep it by my side.  The hard part is getting rid of it, tossing it, leaving it in God's hands.  The secret you know is the leaving it in God's hands.

Matthew 6:26 (Contemporary English Version)
I tell you not to worry about your life. Look at the birds in the sky! They don't plant or harvest.  They don't even store grain in barns.  Yet your Father in heaven takes care of them.  Aren't you worth more then birds?

According to authors, Neil T. Anderson and Rick Miller in the book Freedom From Fear, Overcoming Worry and Anxiety.  Trusting God for tomorrow is a question of our worth.  If God takes care of the birds, so much more will He take care of us. My question to you is..

               Do You Really Know How Much God Loves You ?

I pray that in this New Year you will feel and experience Gods love for you to the fullest. He loves you so much He gives this promise to you.

Psalm 91
Live under the protection of God Most High and stay in the shadow of God All Powerful.
Then you will say to the Lord, "You are my fortress, my place of safety; you are my God, and I trust you.

God will command His angels to protect you wherever you go.  They will carry you in their arms, and you won't hurt your feet on the stones.  You will overpower the strongest lions and the most deadly snakes.

The Lord says, "If you love me and truly know who I am, I will rescue you and keep you safe.  When you are in trouble, call out to me.  I will answer and be there, to protect and honor you.  You will have a long life and see my saving power.

HAVE A BLESSED & TRUSTING IN GOD KIND OF NEW YEAR !

    


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Women Encouraged

Find us on Facebook

About This Blog

Women Encouraged founder and director, Linda Huffman believes in doing all she can to help women be all they can be - physically, emotionally and spiritually. WE strives to do that by helping women recognize their strengths, conquer their weaknesses, bring balance in all areas of their lives and promote confidence in who they are, which gives them the courage to reach for those desires in their hearts that seem impossible.

A Shepherd Looks At Psalm 23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310291429/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0310291429&linkCode=as2&tag=womenencou04-20

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP